As part of my class on “Sensory Evolution” we went on a field trip to the San Diego Zoo. A few impressions below. Can you spot the nictitating membrane in the Komodo Dragon and the cloudy eye in the Gopher Snake (indicative of imminent moulting?). More to follow soon!
- Working on #outreach project. How to best reach non-scientists: showing data or appealing to emotions? Thoughts? #sciengage #scicomm 2 weeks ago
- RT @neiltyson: Odd that our measures of animal intelligence are often tests for what we do best, rather than tests for what they do best. 2 weeks ago
- RT @anjgoswami: 'paleomorph': new R package for GM w/missing data: mirror landmarks, Procrustes w/ or w/out scaling, compute vector correla… 2 weeks ago
- Just wrapped up a successful meeting of Claremont scientists standing up for #facts and the objective #truth. Getting organized! 1 month ago
- Close up of the eye of a Dusky Damsel, studying eye evolution in response to changes in the… instagram.com/p/BPp_RaCgSG-/ 1 month ago