As part of my class on “Sensory Evolution” we went on a field trip to the San Diego Zoo. A few impressions below. Can you spot the nictitating membrane in the Komodo Dragon and the cloudy eye in the Gopher Snake (indicative of imminent moulting?). More to follow soon!
- RT @LagerstatteJohn: Sclerotic ring of an ichthyosaur from the Holzmaden Shale. Urwelt Museum Hauff, Holzmaden. #ichthyosaurs #marinereptil… 18 hours ago
- RT @fsantini2015: Ecological constraints from incumbent clades drive trait evolution across the tree-of-life of freshwater macroinvertebrat… 2 days ago
- Ever wanted to see the (polarized) world through the eyes of a mantis shrimp? Check out “Mantis Cam” imaging-resource.com/news/2017/12/1… #vision #eyes 2 days ago
- RT @joelmcglothlin: I wrote a piece on my pre-tenure experience and the lessons I learned from it for @NothingInBio. twitter.com/NothingInBio/s… 2 days ago
- RT @aarolsen: In our paper out today in @J_Exp_Biol, @CampAriel, @elbrainerd, and I describe a new 3D 4-bar in the #bass skull that helps o… 2 days ago