Just a quick note: I finally received my copy of Ivan Schwab’s highly anticipated book today: “Evolution’s Witness — How Eyes Evolved” [Oxford University Press]. At first glance it impresses with absolutely stunning photos and illustrations. I also like the organization of the book. Ivan traces the evolution of photoreception throughout the history of life and combines aspects of sensory physiology, morphology, and paleontology. This book looks like a real treasure box for everyone interested in evolution and sensory organs, and I can’t wait to actually read it. More on this soon; in the meantime go and visit Ivan’s blog.
- En route to #ScienceMarch LA! Great turnout Claremont! https://t.co/1haCfsm2Da 1 week ago
- RT @plachetzki: Very cool! twitter.com/sanichols_du/s… 3 weeks ago
- RT @Fishguy_FHL: This is an outstanding post-doc opportunity for aimed at increasing diversity. Check it out! Plz R/T https://t.co/bTqoCFOb… 1 month ago
- RT @_cingraham: Spider eyeball diagrams https://t.co/lztgHBLPNI 1 month ago
- RT @neiltyson: The fastest way to Make a America Weak Again: Cut science funds to our agencies that support it. 1 month ago