Just a quick note: I finally received my copy of Ivan Schwab’s highly anticipated book today: “Evolution’s Witness — How Eyes Evolved” [Oxford University Press]. At first glance it impresses with absolutely stunning photos and illustrations. I also like the organization of the book. Ivan traces the evolution of photoreception throughout the history of life and combines aspects of sensory physiology, morphology, and paleontology. This book looks like a real treasure box for everyone interested in evolution and sensory organs, and I can’t wait to actually read it. More on this soon; in the meantime go and visit Ivan’s blog.
- RT @CleveJones1: Nazis coming to town? Here's a positive and creative response. #Resist https://t.co/gcrHagYtJW 1 month ago
- RT @brianstelter: At 10:07pm ET, this @BarackObama tweet became the most-liked tweet in Twitter history. cc: @realDonaldTrump https://t.co/… 1 month ago
- RT @DrEmSherratt: My favourite story about #tadpoles and #frogs to go along with our new @NatureEcoEvo paper rdcu.be/uZ2K https… 1 month ago
- RT @SICBtweets: It bears repeating... https://t.co/xWctAToQAB 1 month ago
- link to main dispatch: cell.com/current-biolog… 1 month ago