As Larry Witmer pointed out yesterday, this was a fantastic week for dinosaur paleobiology. Two papers on dinosaur sensory systems were published. One by Ryosuke and me, focusing on eyes, the other by Darla Zelenitsky and colleagues, sniffing out olfaction. CBC’s award winning Quirks & Quarks radio show will feature both papers this Saturday! And, as I just noticed, you can already download these episodes on CBC’s website.
- Working on #outreach project. How to best reach non-scientists: showing data or appealing to emotions? Thoughts? #sciengage #scicomm 1 week ago
- RT @neiltyson: Odd that our measures of animal intelligence are often tests for what we do best, rather than tests for what they do best. 1 week ago
- RT @anjgoswami: 'paleomorph': new R package for GM w/missing data: mirror landmarks, Procrustes w/ or w/out scaling, compute vector correla… 1 week ago
- Just wrapped up a successful meeting of Claremont scientists standing up for #facts and the objective #truth. Getting organized! 3 weeks ago
- Close up of the eye of a Dusky Damsel, studying eye evolution in response to changes in the… instagram.com/p/BPp_RaCgSG-/ 3 weeks ago